OK, it’s been awhile since I blogged about the addition…so let me catch you up.
It took a lot of patience, 3 re-submissions and a personal trip down to the office by hubby to meet with a supervisor, but on July 27th we got our permit to build.
Then came the reality of being your own contractor. We had a few estimates, but now that we had the final plans we needed to get final estimates and nail down who we were going to use for what. So now Angie’s list, personal referrals and the BBB are our best resources.
We don’t have all of our subs set, but we have started anyway!
On September 26th the concrete guy came out and gave us some direction. We had to demo some existing concrete, and demo the porch before he could start in two weeks. So we got a guy with a concrete saw to come out the next day and cut the concrete. Then the demo guy came the next week and demoed all the cement and the porch. We spent an entire weekend tearing the wood and shingles off of the roof to prep for the demo guy.
On Friday Oct 7th the concrete guy – who is awesome by the way – started digging the footing. He worked on them Monday and then sent someone over Tuesday to finish them up. The inspector came right out and approved the work and we’re ready to pour the footings on Thursday.